Master Hotel E-Marketing
When and Where :: Fee :: Why Should You Attend :: Target Audience :: What You Will Learn :: Course Topics :: Detailed Course Contents :: Course Leader :: Download Info Sheet
When and Where
Please get in touch to let us know where you are and find out when we plan to head your way.
Find the course details here.
Fee: R1,950 incl VAT, lunch, refreshments, course materials, certificate
Register today and receive 20% off the fee, per person!
Terms and Conditions (read full Terms and Conditions)
Participation in the course is subject to payment received prior to the course date.
In the even of a cancellation, for whatever reason, the following will apply:
- Reschedule Fee 7 days or less prior to course day - R500.00
- Cancellation 7 days prior to course day - Full payment will be due as a cancellation fee
- Cancellation 14 days prior to course day - 50% of payment will be due as a cancellation fee
Why You Should Attend
The answer to the question, ‘why e-marketing’ is - because your customers are online. This is, true to the old adage, “fish where the fish are”. With more than half of all bookings taking place online, the web has become the medium of choice for travelers, and so the travel industry, more than any other, is now emphatically an online marketing industry.
The phenomenal growth of the tourism industry online, has been accompanied by a boom in website creation that has intensified the battle for the consumers’ time and attention. Getting travelers and hotel-seekers to find you, and book with you, therefore requires a competitive online presence. This means that you need to create a compelling online guest experience that distinguishes yourself from others. Furthermore, having a hotel website and a few portal listings is simply not enough. You need multiple points of presence on the web and you need to be continuously engaged in the online conversations that can convince potential guests that your establishment really is their best option.
This is e-marketing. And succeeding in it today seems daunting. It’s a constantly changing environment that seems to be driven by technology, and is laden with off-putting jargon. But when you cut through all this, and understand the various components of emarketing, it is one of the most cost effective ways of to reach out to your new and existing guests and engage with them – keeping in mind that the ultimate objective is to drive bookings for your hotel.
This course will be of great value to you if you are
- responsible for sales or marketing in a large or small hotel, B&B, or other hospitality business.
- responsible for making strategic decisions or implementing a marketing strategy
- in IT or web development and support websites for hotels
- tired of not looking or functioning like a 21st century hospitality business
In other words, if you have any kind of responsibility for improving the marketing performance, image, or quality of customer service in a hotel chain, independent hotel, bed and breakfast, game lodge or any other travel accommodation, you need to have the skills that this class provides.
What You Will Learn
This authoritative e-marketing course, run by a hotel marketing expert, is specifically designed for people in the hospitality and tourism industry. It helps participants get up to speed with the web and all the new communication tools. It demystifies the technology and jargon and teaches you what works, and what is hype or myth.
The course describes the various components of e-marketing and how they fit together into an overall e-marketing strategy. It explains the expectations and behaviour of travel-seekers online, how to attract traffic to your website, and finally what it takes to convert “lookers into bookers”.
Participants will learn hotel e-marketing tactics and best practises for elements like email, SEO, Google advertising and website design. In addition, they will learn how to exploit the power of social media tools like Twitter, YouTube, Digg and Facebook. You will know what to look for when listing on travel or accommodation portals. You will appreciate the value of consumer generated content. And you will be confident to make effective use of online travel reviews to further market and promote your establishment or business.
The course empowers people with the knowledge, understanding and confidence to manage and work with web developers as well as the ability to handle many of the ongoing tasks themselves.
The course is packed with examples, references, practical hints and tips, and ‘how-tos’. You will find that doing a great e-marketing job does not require big-company budgets nor is it rocket science. This course is designed to provide exactly the right amount of information to inform and educate you so that you get there quickly and effectively, and without breaking the bank!
At the end of the course you will have an excellent understanding of all the available online resources and be able to define and implement the web strategy that is just right for you and that best fits the needs and character of your establishment or travel business.
- Get up to speed with South African and International online marketing trends, know what is myth and hype and what is not
- Understand the behaviour and expectations of the online traveller
- Build an understanding of all the elements of e-marketing and how they fit together, and the techniques available to bring people to your website
- Learn the essentials for your website
- Understand how to optimise your site for better search engine rankings
- Learn how to use social media to further enhance your online presence
- Booking engines – which ones are out there and how they work, and criteria for selecting one
- Online travel agencies (accommodation portals) – learn how to evaluate which ones are right for you
- Learn how to work with web developers
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your marketing investments – learn how much everything should cost, what can be done for FREE, and how to allocate your budget
- Define and execute the internet strategy that best fits your hotel
The course topics are:
- Overview of the web and the online traveller
- The components of E-marketing – understanding how all the pieces fit together and how to use them
- Search Engines
- Understanding search (how search engines work, keywords – the foundations of success, common myths and common obstacles)
- SEO – how to optimise your site to be found
- SEM – using search as a marketing vehicle
- Your website – 20 things your website must have Advertising
- Running an effective pay per click campaign and how to use Google
- 3rd party travel sites – choosing the right ones for your hotel
- Email marketing
- Online bookings
- Using social media to market you establishment effectively Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, blogs, - what are they and how can hotels use them
- Consumer generated content – reviews on your site
- Your online marketing budget – what should it cost and how to allocate funds for most effective results.
- Putting it all together
Detailed Course Contents
- Essential Background
- Web trends - South Africa and International
- Understanding the new consumer and the behaviour of the online traveller
- E-marketing hype vs. realities for the hospitality industry
- Online Marketing Strategy
- Cutting through the techno-hype
- The 10 key elements of an e-marketing strategy
- The 10 golden rules for online success
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search engines demystified
- 10 keys to search engine optimise (SEO) to increase search engine rankings
- Keyword research – the foundation of success
- Common obstacles to search rankings
- Linking strategies
- Your Hotel Website
- Definition of a great hotel website – 15 essentials for your website
- Planning your website (design the architecture based on indepth understanding of the online traveller)
- Important guidelines for website content – images and copy
- Using the 7-step methodology to develop your website, large or small
- Metrics for measuring your site effectiveness
- Example websites — raves, faves and rages
- E-mail Marketing
- Best practices, spam, ethics, and the law
- Crafting e-mail marketing strategies and objectives
- 8 steps to building a mailing list
- Tools for creating and managing e-mail campaigns
- 3 major obstacles to success, and how to overcome them
- 10 guidelines for successful layout, text and images
- Planning for conversion
- Metrics and improving e-mail campaign results
- Online Advertising
- Creating an online advertising campaign
- 7 essentials for creating effective banner ads
- How to create and manage a powerful pay-per-click campaign
- Bidding strategies and search advertising
- Designing landing pages that convert
- Using metrics to a competitive advantage
- Travel site portals and Online Travel Agencies
- South African portals and aggregators
- International portals - Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, others
- Criteria for choosing the portals that will work for you
- E-commerce — Features and Issues
- Online bookings — must have - why and how
- Trust, security and privacy — how to reassure your customers
- Examples of great sites — illustrating the 10 golden rules for online reservations
- Using Social Media
- Conversation marketing: the web as a communications medium
- Key rules for engaging the new consumer
- Using blogs, RSS, podcasting in PR and marketing
- Creative ways to use online video (eg YouTube) as a marketing channel
- Mobile marketing – a key trend to watch
- Marketing with Facebook, MySpace and other social networks
- Overview of Twitter
- How to use social bookmarking
- Using reviews to market your hotel (eg TripAdvisor)
- Using the Social Marketing Lens to magnify and focus your online presence
- Bringing it all together
- Guidelines for budget allocation
- Your e-marketing strategyHospitality Industry
Your course leader is Karen Parkin. Karen has worked in Europe and the USA for over 25 years. She is an outstanding leader with an enviable depth of experience in information technology, advertising, TV, new media, web development and e-commerce. She has a reputation for planning, execution, and delivery on demanding high-pressure projects requiring vision, sound business judgment, creative flair, and technical innovation.
She has spent the last 7 years working in emarketing and ecommerce and has worked on several award winning sites in the USA. Most
recently she worked for Marriott International where she was responsible for creating and managing the company’s global online presence. Working with international marketing and hotels around the world, in 2 years she took Marriott from having a US-only web site to an international presence in 20 countries and 9 languages. Marriott’s e-commerce operations now take over $17 million a day in online hotel
reservations, for all of its 3,200 hotels in 66 countries around the world, and last year they were voted Best Hotel Website by Business
Karen is a lively communicator and a skilled instructor. She is a consummate professional and is passionate about everything she does and inspires people around her with her relentless and uncompromising drive for the best. She has in-depth experience of all aspects of online
marketing in the hospitality industry. She has developed a great understanding of multicultural work environments and international markets and is a recognized guru in internationalisation and
localisation. She moves with ease from large corporate structures to small entrepreneurial companies. She is kept busy by a host of
consulting and online projects, by her schedule of training courses, and by her own ongoing research into the world of the online consumer,
and all aspects of enhancing usability and the user experience.
More about Karen
Download Info Sheet
Contact us to receive the Info Sheet for this course.
To read the download you need the free Acrobat reader. Get it here.
Register for this Course
You can Register for this course in any of the below ways:
Fax: Print out this registration form (DOC 56kB) and fax it to us at 086 693 3575
Phone: Call us on 021 790 0303 and we'll take your details.
Online: Select your desired course dates in the below box, hit the Register button and follow the simple process to register online in our secure environment.
E-mail: Send us an e-mail and we'll follow up with you.