ProFound: The Search Marketing course
When and Where
Course Duration: 1 day (9:00 - 17:00)
We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment. Dates are subject to change.
16 February 2015 | 27 July 2015 | 16 November 2015
24 March 2015 | 8 June 2015 | 14 September 2015
The course is lead by Godfrey Parkin, author of Doing Business Digitally and the international hit Digital Marketing: Strategies for Success. He is a twenty year veteran of the European and US internet marketing industry, who previously ran the global business services operations of market research giant A.C. Nielsen. He has run several successful pioneering businesses in the digital space; in the 1990s he created North America's best-selling enterprise-wide elearning series E-biz Insights and built the world's largest Project Management e-learning company.
Godfrey has advised many global organisations ranging from giants like American Express, Honda, Nestle, Credit Suisse, Cisco Systems and the Georgia Institute of Technology, to large consulting firms and small start-ups. He helps companies to develop brands and implement strategies for global online markets, often overseeing the entire process from concept through launch to ongoing market development. He is a faculty member of the University of Stellenbosch - Executive Development (USB-ED) , and manages several online social networks, including the E-learning Forum of the American Society for Training and Development. He is a permanent member of the judging panel for the international Brandon Hall Learning Excellence Awards and Technology Excellence Awards, and speaks at conferences around the world. More about Godfrey
Why Search Marketing?
More than half of the visitors to high growth websites get there through search engines. Search engines such as Google and Yahoo, and online directories such as Ananzi, steer customers looking for solutions to websites that provide those solutions. If you do not appear in the top five to ten search results rankings, you don’t exist. If you do appear, but nobody clicks to visit your site, you have blown a major opportunity. And if someone clicks to your site and fails to transact with you, you may never see them again.
Britefire's ProFound course provides an up-to-date and thorough insight into search engine optimisation (SEO) and contextual search advertising (e.g. Google’s pay-per-click ads). But the course goes way beyond these tactics. SEM is the set of strategies and techniques that increase your visibility on search engine results pages, increase the click-through rates to your site, and maximise your conversion of visitors to customers. This course will teach you the skills to do that, and a lot more.
Any business with an online presence has to have a search marketing strategy, and the skills and processes to implement it. If potential customers don’t find you on search engines, they will find your competitors.
It’s a noisy marketplace. At last count, there were more than 20 billion web pages in which your website can get lost. In South Africa, ten people out of every hundred have web access, and they account for a significant chunk of purchasing power. Worldwide, there are more than one billion active online consumers, and last year they spent R42 trillion. Search Marketing is not only for ecommerce companies, it is a vital part of the marketing strategy of any offline business as well.
Many organisations opt to outsource SEM to specialists. Outsourcing SEM is very different from abdicating it. But if you don’t understand SEM, then you will not be able to select or manage an external specialist critically.
The SEM landscape changes constantly, as do the algorithms used by the engines and directories. Staying current is critical if you want to maintain the high rankings you work so hard to attain. SEM is not easy, but it’s not rocket science either. If you have an emarketing responsibility, you simply have to ‘get it’.
Britefire's Search Marketing course will give you the skills, methods, and insights to maximise your exposure, pump up your click through rate, and increase your conversion rates.
Why Should You Attend?
To succeed online you need more than just a great looking website with state-of-the-art functionality. You need to be seen. Britefire's Search Marketing course provides you with the insight and tools to use search engines to drive visitors to your site, and to turn visitors into customers.
You will discover the secrets of search engine optimisation (SEO) – how to structure your site's layout, coding and content to help it score high in search rankings.
You will understand how to effectively use low-cost pay-per-click contextual advertising, triggered by searchers, that will drive qualified traffic to your site. You will understand and develop linking strategies that get other sites to boost your search rankings. You’ll find out how to exploit social media such as blogs and social networks to further improve your search rankings.
You will learn how to test and continually improve your selection of keyword search terms, the wording, positioning and timing of your ads, and the quality of their landing pages and conversion funnels. You will become familiar with the analytical tools that help you make smart search marketing decisions.
And you’ll learn how to pull all of these elements together into a manageable effective search marketing strategy.
Who Should Attend?
This course is a must for anyone who makes tactical or strategic marketing decisions about online initiatives, or has to interact with those who do, including:
- online strategists
- marketing managers, product managers
- new product development people
- advertising and marketing services agency personnel
- website developers, information architects, and creative personnel
- e-commerce and e-marketing personnel
Well-illustrated insights into today’s hot issues such as web 2.0 and social media are woven into the core topics. The course gives you the know-how, skills, confidence, and comprehensive web savvy that you need to pump up your site’s visibility and its ability to build customers!
What Will You Learn?
You will leave this course not only with a great understanding of how search engine marketing, search engine optimisation, pay-per-click and linking strategies work, but also with a practical ability to create and implement your own SEM strategies and tactics.
What is more you will be equipped with an arsenal of best practices, inspiring and enlightening examples, and guidelines for staying in tune with developments in the future. You will learn:
- how to structure your site’s layout, coding and content to help it score high in search rankings
- how to research and choose the best keywords for your site
- how to register with the directories that drive search engine listings
- how to effectively use low-cost pay-per-click contextual advertising to drive qualified traffic to your site
- how to develop linking strategies that get other sites to boost your search rankings
- how to exploit social media such as blogs to further improve your search rankings
- how to test and continually improve the effectiveness of your SEM tactics
- how to use analytical tools to make smart search marketing decisions
- how to create an effective search marketing strategy for your site
And you'll be totally psyched to take charge of your own search marketing initiatives!
Detailed Course Contents
Why Search Matters
- Importance to traffic generation
- Why ranking matters
- Eye-tracking studies and search depth
Search Engines and How They Operate
- Popularity and Relevance
- Information search engines can trust
- The Anatomy of a hyperLink
- Keywords & Queries
- Paid Placement and secondary sources in the results
- Search engine landscape (who is who, and who owns what)
- Search engines vs directories
- What affects ranking?
- Untangling the algorithms
- Search engines and relevancy
- Key directories & search engines
Search Engine Marketing
- Search engine basics
- Natural and paid listings
- Developing a strategy
- Search spamming
- Keyword research
- Exploiting long tail search terms
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Campaign
- 10 steps to SEO your site
- SEO requirements gathering
Crafting Your Site
- Creating effective titles and metatags
- Page descriptions that invite action
- Analysing your competition
- Site Architecture
- 10 checks to see if your site is SE friendly
- Common obstacles to search indexing
- Writing text for SEO
- Dynamic content
- Using graphics to advantage
- Frames and tables
- Providing a valid site map
- Duplicate content
- 301 redirects
- Search engine and directory submission
Reporting and Analysis
- SEO reporting and conversions
- Measuring SEO ROI
- Link popularity
- Internal linking strategies
- Inbound linking strategies
- Policies and precautions
- What it is
- When to use it
Pay Per Click
- Pay Per Click contextual advertising
- Elements of a PPC campaign
- Google AdWords
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Setting up a Yahoo! Sponsored Search account
- Tools for keyword selection
- Bidding strategies for keywords
- What you really pay per click
- Building effective PPC ads
- Designing landing pages that convert
- A/B split testing
- Click fraud
- PPC conversion & ROI metrics
- Black hat – white hat
- How to select a SEM partner
Download Info Sheet
Contact us for a full Info Sheet.
Fee: R2,600 incl VAT, lunch, refreshments, course materials and certificate.
Take a look at our Fee Information.
Terms and Conditions (read full Terms and Conditions)
Participation in the course is subject to payment recieved prior to the course date.
In the event of a cancellation, for whatever reason, the following will apply:
- Reschedule Fee 7 days or less prior to course day - R500.00
- Cancellation 7 days prior to course day - Full payment will be due as a cancellation fee
- Cancellation 14 days prior to course day - 50% of payment will be due as a cancellation fee
Register For This Course
You can Register for this course in any of the below ways:
Fax: Print out this registration form (DOC 202KB) and fax it to us at 086 693 3575
Phone: Call us on 021 794 7838 and we’ll take your details.
Online: Select your desired course dates in the below box, hit the Register button and follow the simple process to register online in our secure environment. Or -
E-mail: Send us an e-mail and we'll follow up with you.