Why be brilliant at social media marketing?
This up-to-the-minute course teaches the best strategic approaches to exploiting social media, in marketing and in social organisation communication. You’ll learn how to put together a social strategy, how to sell it to senior management, how to implement it, and how to measure its ROI.
Today the medium you have to master is the mobile networked consumer. This course brings perspective and clarity to social media marketing and provides the strategic business framework for effectively integrating online word of mouth and reputation management into your digital initiatives.
You will gain insight into how best to select and leverage the major social tools such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn. You’ll discover why communities are more powerful than branded pages, why fan-base numbers are not that important, and why the best community for your commercial goals may not be on the mainstream social networks at all. You’ll learn powerful strategies, tactics and methodologies (such as Britefire’s Social Media Lens) for leveraging buzz. You’ll explore alternative approaches for structuring your organisation to manage social communities, and you’ll discover the best tools and techniques for measuring, reporting, and staying ahead of the curve.
Why should I attend?
- Clarifies why socially networked communication is so powerful
- Shines a light on best and worst practices in social media
- Provides a strategic business framework
- Offers expert insight into applying Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other mainstream platforms
- Analyses case studies from large and small businesses, local and global
- Outlines strategies, tactics and methodologies for marketing, ORM, and social organisations
- Explores organisation structures appropriate to your social maturity level
- Explains how you should manage social communities
- Recommends tools and techniques for measuring and reporting
- Helps you build, and sell, your own social media strategy
Today, everyone with a Facebook page claims to be a social media guru
. You need to be one of the few who actually are. It’s not about the tools, or being able to whip up a branded Facebook page or YouTube channel – it’s about using the most appropriate platforms and optimising your on-going conversation strategy to add value to your customer’s processes
, while achieving your business goals. And that all flows from the sound social media strategy you will develop during the course.
What will I learn?
You will leave this course with a deep understanding of why social media are so powerful if used well. You’ll also have a practical ability to create your own social media marketing strategy, and be empowered to sell it to senior management. What is more you will be equipped with an arsenal of best practices, inspiring and enlightening examples, and guidelines for staying ahead of the curve. You will learn:
- how to use social networks for growing your brand or your business
- how innovative marketers leverage social media for cost-effective brand building
- why the new consumer behaviours impact your organisation
- ground rules for engaging the networked mobile consumer
- how to structure the components of a social media campaign
- how to evaluate and decide on the different platforms available to you
- how content marketing and influence marketing can impact your SEO
- how to structure your organisation to manage communities
- how to measure and evaluate the performance and ROI of social media
- a host of valuable guidelines, references and rules of thumb
Please note: Hana Hana is not a tools-specific skills course. If you need to learn hands-on how to set up, customise and integrate Facebook Pages, advertising, competitions, Twitter, YouTube channels, LinkedIn, blogs and Pinterest, you should participate in Britefire’s Social Media Boot Camp.
This social media course is a great companion to our course Gambit: The Digital Strategy course, which teaches you how to create a competitive marketing strategy!
(NB this course contains key insights and best practices for pay-per-click advertising, which is covered in great depth in our ProFound: Search Engine Marketing course).
Detailed Course Contents
Social Media and The New Consumer:
- The social big bang
- The Network Effect
- How decision making has changed
- SA social media use
- The instability of social platforms
- Friends and influencers
Social drives branding, not sales
- Why most brands fail at social media
- Amplifying credibility, magnifying reach
- Why fan-base size is largely irrelevant
Mobile media options
- The four-screen opportunity
- Social activities integration with other media consumption
- Mobile social examples
- Social Local Mobile (SoLoMo)
Leveraging the Social Web
- From messaging to integrated communication
- Case studies
- Brand advocacy
- Communications planning
- Going viral
- Leveraging User Generated Content
- Branding vs. response: using social appropriately
- Social vs. banner ads
The Social Media Toolbox
- Why blogging is still your most powerful social tool
- Social sharing services
- Niche networks, build your own
- Online Reputation Management
- Microvideo as the future of communication
- YouTube branded channels
- Alternative platforms and tools
- What drives engagement?
- Why communities matter more than brands
- Pay per click campaigns
- Facebook analytics: beyond fan numbers
- Facebook commerce
- How to optimise your LinkedIn presence
- Tweeting 101
- Using Twitter for outbound messaging
- Using Twitter for CRM
Tools for integrated social media management
Social Media Strategy
- Strategy trumps creative
- Culture trumps strategy
- The 8 step methodology for building successful strategies
- The social strategy canvas
- Developing and selling your social media strategy
Who should attend?
If social media is part of your responsibility, or if you are responsible for marketing, media, PR, CRM, customer engagement or internal corporate communications, this course is a must! Participants who have found this workshop invaluable include:
- communication strategists
- business leaders and entrepreneurs
- marketing managers
- advertising and PR agency personnel
- digital project managers
The course is crafted for non-technical business people as well as those techies who want a commercial competitive digital perspective. South African companies whose participants have given Britefire courses rave reviews include Wesbank, PwC, FNB, MWEB, FinWeek, Exclusive Books, Clicks, Makro, GCIS, Investec, University of Stellenbosch Business School, Random House Struik, The Foschini Group, Distell, Standard Bank, UNISA, Shoprite, SA Tourism, Deloitte, and Media 24.
Contact us for a full Info Sheet.
Fee: R2,600 incl VAT, lunch, refreshments, course materials and certificate.
Contact us for the 2013 Fee Structure
Terms and Conditions (read full Terms and Conditions)
Participation in the course is subject to payment received prior to the course date.
In the event of a cancellation, for whatever reason, the following will apply:
- Reschedule Fee 7 days or less prior to course day - R500.00
- Cancellation 7 days prior to course day - Full payment will be due as a cancellation fee
- Cancellation 14 days prior to course day - 50% of payment will be due as a cancellation fee
Register For This Course
You can Register for this course in any of the below ways:
Fax: Print out this registration form (DOC 201kB) and fax it to us at 086 693 3575
Phone: Call us on 021 790 0303 and we'll take your details.
Online: Select your desired course dates in the below box, hit the Register button and follow the simple process to register online in our secure environment. Or -
E-mail: Send us an e-mail and we'll follow up with you.