Content Marketing Boot Camp:
How to create, curate and manage valued shareable content for blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms!
18 June 2015 | 15 October
23 March 2015 | 27 May | 26 August
Fee: R2600 incl VAT, lunch, manual
(R2210 if you participate in any other Britefire course)
Download the Boot Camp Info Sheet
Or call us on 021 794 7838.
Content marketing is a primary key to social media success. Content (articles, observations, conversations, posts, updates, text, images, audio, video) tells the world who you are, what you can do for them, and why you're interesting.
Content is the catalyst for engagement. No wonder content marketing skills are so much in demand today!
Now that Facebook is not sending your status updates to your fans, and is blocking promotional posts, you have to get your content marketing right. Which platform will give you better viral potential - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, or LinkedIn? How do you know which to use, and how to get the most out of them? What is the best use of your limited time, and which tools and routines can save you hours and improve your results?
You need to craft a social content strategy so you can get real results from your marketing. And you need to know the hints, tips, and inside secrets so you can get a whole lot more done in a lot less time.
This boot camp will get you hands-on with the primary social media tools, and grounded in the essentials of content marketing. You will develop practical competencies and essential insights into how the tools work and what you can and should do with them.
The workshop is driven by exercises, so bring your laptop or tablet. You will:
- Create a content strategy and schedule
- Learn the essentials of compelling story-telling
- Discover how to identify hot content ideas
- Source great images for free
- Choose which platforms are right for you
- Learn to segment your followers
- Learn how to target and gain new followers
- Create and publish a blog
- Curate content from the web
- Understand Facebook’s zero-reach algorithm
- Create a custom app for your Facebook Page
- Create a branded YouTube channel and playlists
- Optimise your LinkedIn profile and content
- Polish up your Twitter skills
- Learn how to bulk-schedule tweets and status updates
- Identify your important social influencers
- Easily automate your social posts
- Learn to use a branded page on Google+
- See how to create Twitter Cards and Facebook tags for free marketing
- Baseline your online reputation
- Learn what types of image are most shared
- Easily create text-on-image posts for Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook
- Implement a social media management tool
And a whole lot more!
This boot camp is an essential jump-start for anyone wanting to ramp up their exploitation of social media. No programming ability is required.
Content is the currency of customer engagement, and the foundation of reputation. If you have been blogging or using Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Twitter for your business, but without great confidence or direction, this boot camp will focus and inspire you.
The workshop is an essential jump-start for anyone wanting to ramp up their exploitation of social media, save time and increase impact.
The boot camp totally demystifies the major content marketing tools, and shows how they can practically be integrated in a powerful social content strategy.
The hands-on practical format ensures that you are actively thinking and participating, and applying the ideas to your own marketing challenges.
You will leave this boot camp with the knowledge and skills to exploit confidently the power of today’s social toolset!
The course is led by Godfrey Parkin, a digital strategist, e-marketer, author, USB-ED faculty member and international internet business veteran, who has advised some of the world's largest corporations.
Hundreds of South African companies have benefitted from our experience, including:
FNB, Media24, The Foschini Group, Makro, Draft FCB, Distell, Penguin Random House, Exclusive Books, WesBank, Hunt Lascaris, Standard Bank, GoNetReady, Deloitte, Clicks, Disney Book Club, Map Studio, SA Tourism, MWEB, FinWeek, Trudon (Yellow Pages), and McCann Worldgroup.
Globally, we've worked with a long list of organisations, including:
The BBC, AC Nielsen, Marriott Hotels International, American Express, Intel, Ford, Credit Suisse, Lockheed-Martin, Library of Congress, US Department of Defense, Nomura, Sasktel, Georgia Institute of Technology(Georgia Tech), Cisco Systems, Kepner-Tregoe and American Honda.